Climate Analytics Inc. (NY) is looking for an NDC Implementation Specialist to work under the supervision of the Director of the Climate Analytics New York office. The main work areas will be as follows:
- Contribute to the development of a strategy for climate change adaptation and mitigation implementation for Climate Analytics,
- Support the activities of Climate Analytics in mitigation and adaptation implementation projects particularly in the Caribbean and support similar work undertaken in the other regions,
- Liaise with Caribbean countries; regional; national organizations and governments and financing entities to identify priorities and opportunities for climate action implementation,
- Undertake research and analysis of NDCs, NAPs and other strategic and planning policy documents and support Climate Analytics’ stakeholders in translating NDCs into implementation plans and project proposals,
- Support capacity building and readiness activities, including through training,
- Assist in integrating science into implementation activities and project proposal development,
- Provide input for management and reporting on projects, and dissemination of results.
Required qualifications and competencies:
- University degree, ideally in a subject related to climate change, finance or (climate) economics, public policy, public administration, political science, international relations, environmental studies, or a related field;
- At least 2 years of experience in policy research on national climate change policies and plans, international climate change negotiations; and/or
- At least 2 years of experience in working with government agencies and providing policy advisory services in the areas related to climate change;
- Experience in project development and proposal writing
- Experiences in project management, change processes, multi-stakeholder coordination across various sectors and/or in sectors relevant for climate change;
- Experience with economic, technical and institutional analysis;
- Experience with economics of climate change, climate change funding mechanisms, etc.;
- Excellent communication and networking skills.
Other skills and requirements:
- Excellent command of MS-Office;
- Very good analytical and writing skills
- Experience with preparation of reports
- French or Spanish speaking – a plus
Starting date: ASAP
Duration: 6 months
Location: preferably at Climate Analytics New York City office
Specific requirements for the NY location: US Citizen or holder of a Green Card
To apply, send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com until October 18, 2017 with the subject line NDC Implementation Specialist.
For questions related to this job offer please contact Ms Laetitia De Marez firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Interviews will be scheduled between October 23 and October 27.