A labelling program for energy efficient homes, building products, electronics and appliances. ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and the U.S. Department of Energy helping protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices.
No product will ever be 100% “green,” since all product development will have some impact on the surrounding environment. It all comes down to degrees of impact and trading off between impacts.
To understand what a green product is, there are select attributes that describe green products and services listed below:
- Energy efficient, durable and often have low maintenance requirements.
- Free of Ozone depleting chemicals, toxic compounds and don’t produce toxic by-products.
- Often made of recycled materials or content or from renewable and sustainable sources.
- Obtained from local manufacturers or resources.
- Biodegradable or easily reused either in part or as a whole.
#CariCliMeet #CARICOMClimate #CaribbeanClimate #CaribbeanClimateTips #CARICOMClimateTips #ClimateChange #climateresilience #climatechangeadaptation #climatechangemitigation #environment #LowCarbon