The Saint Lucia Institute of Land Use Planners, Ministry of Physical Development, Housing and Urban Renewal, Saint Lucia, The Organization of Eastern Caribbean States (OECS), Caribbean Network for Urban and Land Management (CNULM), Caribbean Local Economic Development Project (CARILED), Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UNHABITAT), and Caribbean Community (CARICOM) Secretariat will jointly host the fifth annual Caribbean Urban Forum, referred to as CUF5, from June 10th -12th, 2015, at Bay Gardens Hotel, Castries, Saint Lucia.
The Forum will bring together land managers, policy makers, academics and allied professionals interested in urban and land management issues within the Caribbean in an effort to further advance land and urban management within the region.
The main theme for the conference is “Island Systems Planning”. Whether island or continental, the Caribbean countries share similar developmental issues and are considered Small Island Developing States (SIDS). From previous CUFs, Island Systems Planning has been a topic that is continuously referred to. For this reason we thought it fitting that it should be the theme for CUF5.
At this time we issue an International Call for Papers for CUF5. The papers may focus on the following themes:
- Island Systems Planning
- Sustainable Land Management in the face of Climate Change
- Local Economic Development for the Caribbean
- Moving towards Energy Efficiency: Alternatives and Opportunities
- Professional Planning Practice, Education and Training in the Caribbean
- Habitat III Agenda – The role of Small Island States in the Habitat Agenda
- Housing Policy in the Caribbean: Lessons Learned and New Directions
- Sustainable Development in St. Lucia
Deadline for submission of Papers is March 31st 2015. At this time we also issue a Call for Exhibitors. Please click CUF5_Call_for_Papers to download the full document.
Credit: Blue Space Caribbean