Investment Planning Towards Low Carbon Climate Resilient Development
Last date to apply – November 17, 2014
Course Delivery Dates: December 1 – 12, 2014
The course compiles knowledge and lessons learned during the design phase of the Climate Investment Funds (CIF) investment plans and strategic programs.
The objective of this course is to teach policy-makers, planners and climate change practitioners how to design and finance strategic plans and programs for low carbon and climate resilient development that go beyond a project-by-project approach.
Note: Preference will be given to (in the following order):
(i) national-level government policy-makers, planners and practitioners working in the fields of clean energy, sustainable transportation, energy efficiency, and climate change from the 14 countries invited to prepare SREP investment plans (Bangladesh, Benin, Cambodia, Ghana, Haiti, Kiribati, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Nicaragua, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Uganda, Zambia);
(ii) national-level government policy-makers, planners and practitioners working in the fields of clean energy, sustainable transportation, energy efficiency, and climate change from other developing countries; and
(iii) practitioners from development organizations or other institutions supporting countries in this work
- Preparing an overall investment strategy to meet climate change objectives
- Identifying envelopes of investments to meet those objectives, focusing on sectoral issues (energy, transport, forestry and land-use change)
- Estimating real costs of investments and identifying sources of finance
- Selecting and setting up the appropriate financial instruments
- Involving the private sector to scale-up action
- Undertaking the appropriate underlying technical, economic and financial analyses
- Launching a national dialogue to shape the plan and ensure public participation
- Addressing social issues, including gender
- Managing results, monitoring and evaluation.
For Queries Contact:
Ms. Chandni Dinakaran at email@example.com
Link to Course Website and Application: