Under a US Higher Education for Development grant, Columbia University’s International Research Institute for Climate and Society (IRI) and the Caribbean Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology (CIMH) are seeking to employ a research associate to be hosted at the Barbados-based CIMH. The two-year renewable research associate position will include work work at the nexus of climate variability and Disaster Risk Management (DRM). The candidate will research and develop an efficient climate impacts reporting database and develop a Climate Risk Early Warning System for the DRM sector, which will be initially fed with seasonal climate outlooks. . Learn more about this opportunity…
- Cuban Ambassador to Belize meets with the CCCCC and GoB on Coastal Erosion
- Training Workshops conducted in Belize through partnership with NCCO, CCCCC, INSMET and UNDP
- Vacancy – Haiti Institutional Strengthening – National Coordinator
- Vacancy – Belize Readiness 2 – National Coordinator and Technical Officer
- REQUEST FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST- DEVELOPMENT FINANCE CORPORATION (DFC): CONSULTANCY TO STRENGTHEN CAPACITY IN DUE DILIGENCE FOR CLIMATE RISK ASSESSMENT OF SUB PROJECTS.
- REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS: Feasibility Study of the Investment Proposal – Arundo donax Renewable Bio-mass Fuel for Belize, Contract#07/2019/GCF/Belize/CCCCC
- Request for Proposals: Background Study to Inform the Preparation of a Simplified Approval Process (SAP) Funding Proposal – Dominica
- Request for Expressions of Interest – National Coordinator, WSRN S-Barbados
- Caribbean at Annual Meeting of the AMS
- CARICOM Champions Science at COP 24 – Carlos Fuller, International and Regional Liaison Officer of the Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre and Climate Change Negotiator
Tags: Caribbean Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology, CIMH, Climate Change, climate reporting, climate resilience, climate risk early warning system, Columbia University, disaster risk management, International Research Institute for Climate and Society, job, research associateBy caribbeanclimate in News on .
March 20, 2019; Belmopan, Belize. – The Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC) hosted a meeting on March 18, at its office in Belmopan, Belize;…
The Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC) and its partner the Meteorological Institute (INSMET) in Cuba, conducted a series of training workshops between February 11…
The Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC) has received financing from Green Climate Fund (GCF), toward the cost of the project titled “Institutional Strengthening and…
The Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC) has received financing from Green Climate Fund (GCF), toward the cost of the project titled “Belize GCF Readiness…