The February 16-22 issue of “Agriculture in the News”, a compilation of selected news articles on issues affecting agriculture in the Caribbean region by the Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute (CARDI), is now available. This edition of the newsletter features climate change stories on several pages including two pieces about the work of the Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre for the second time this month.
Agriculture in the News features climate change
- CXC Launch Event in Guyana
- 5Cs Daily Tip: Cut the dairy
- 5Cs Daily Tip: Use Energy Efficient Appliances
- 5Cs Daily Tip: Reduce Air Travel
- 5Cs Daily Tip: Recharge It
- Should the Caribbean and Latin America should integrate more ?
- 5Cs Daily Tip: Go Green at Work – Use Both Sides
- 5Cs Daily Tip: Go Green at Work – Put it to Sleep
- UN energy chief urges UK to maintain climate funds
- 5Cs Daily Tip: Go Green at Work – Use power switches
The Caribbean Examination Council (CXC) and the Ministry of Education in Guyana will launch a new CAPE subject, Green Engineering, next Thursday 28 July at…
#5CsDailyTips It takes a lot of resources to raise cows, and it’s especially bad if you buy beef from countries where it was grazed on land…
#5CsDailyTips Make energy efficiency a primary consideration when choosing a new furnace, air conditioning unit, dishwasher, or refrigerator. Products bearing the ENERGY STAR label are recognized…
#5CsDailyTips Air travel is the biggest impediment today to living on less energy. Use of new video meeting systems is already reducing the greenhouse gas…