The Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute (CARDI) recently launched a set of risk training modules developed by the Caribbean Farmers Network (CaFAN) to enhance risk assessment and management in the agricultural sector. CARDI says the risk management training focuses on the threats, challenges and opportunities for managing Invasive Species and Climate Change. The “Risk Mitigation for Smallholder Agricultural Production in the Caribbean” training modules were developed with funding from the World Bank and are available to the public at no cost. You may peruse the modules here.
- Belize accepts the chairmanship of AOSIS
- CCCCC adds LiDAR to boost Caribbean’s Climate Change Fight
- CCCCC, Govts of Belize and Italy break ground for Multi-Purpose Facility
- CARICOM Unified on COP24 Expectations
- IPCC Report Front and Center of CARICOM’s Approach to COP24
- Panos Caribbean Launches New Climate Justice Campaign
- Request for Proposals: Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) and Preparation of an Environmental and Social Management Plan (ESMP)
- Vacancies – PACT: Two Consultancies
- CCCCC begins handover of data collection devices
- GCF signs off funding for Barbados water sector resilience project
Tags: agricultural sector, agriculture, CaFAN, CARDI, Caribbean, Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute, Caribbean Climate Change Centre, Caribbean Farmers Network, Climate Change, climate change and agriculture, climate change and farmers, climate change and risk management, risk assessment and management, Risk Mitigation, Risk Mitigation for Smallholder Agricultural Production in the Caribbean, Small Farmers, smallholder farmers, Training, World BankBy caribbeanclimate in News on .
The following statement by Belize was delivered at a Ministerial Meeting of AOSIS during a short ceremony on the occasion of the 24th Conference of…
Belmopan, Belize; November 30, 2018 – The Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC) through the USAID-funded Climate Change Adaptation Program (USAID CCAP) is about to…
Belmopan, Belize; November 28, 2018 – The Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC), in collaboration with the Governments of Belize and Italy, held a ground…
The twenty-fourth Conference of the Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate, known as COP24, will take place in Poland from December second…