Under a US Higher Education for Development grant, Columbia University’s International Research Institute for Climate and Society (IRI) and the Caribbean Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology (CIMH) are seeking to employ a research associate to be hosted at the Barbados-based CIMH. The two-year renewable research associate position will include work work at the nexus of climate variability and Disaster Risk Management (DRM). The candidate will research and develop an efficient climate impacts reporting database and develop a Climate Risk Early Warning System for the DRM sector, which will be initially fed with seasonal climate outlooks. . Learn more about this opportunity…
- The Role of Education in Climate Change Risk Management
- Bookmark This: International Meeting of the Ecosystem-Based Adaptation Community of Practice
- 3 Reasons Samoa was a Success
- Tackling climate change as a single SDG could backfire
- What do leaders of Small Island Developing States say about living with climate change?
- ICCG International Lecture by Shonali Pachauri
- Call to scale up climate partnership for small islands
- Leaders sign historic sustainable energy & climate resilient treaty
- Climate Change: What about the SIDS? A Youth Perspective
- Podcast: Small Island States – Dr Mark Bynoe on Climate Change, the Caribbean and partnerships for resilience
Tags: Caribbean Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology, CIMH, Climate Change, climate reporting, climate resilience, climate risk early warning system, Columbia University, disaster risk management, International Research Institute for Climate and Society, job, research associateBy caribbeanclimate in News on .
We need a “multi-faceted approach for educating the children and adults vulnerable to climate change [...] to reduce the adverse impacts of climate change,” according…
International Meeting of the Ecosystem-Based Adaptation Community of Practice 26-27 February 2015 – Lima, Peru The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) REGATTA and Practical Action…
Over 115 countries and members of the international development community attended the landmark Third International Conference on Small Island Developming States (SIDS) in Apia, Samoa,…
The best way to deal with climate change is by integrating it into other development goals, says Ilan Kelman. Climate change is a major challenge…