Under a US Higher Education for Development grant, Columbia University’s International Research Institute for Climate and Society (IRI) and the Caribbean Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology (CIMH) are seeking to employ a research associate to be hosted at the Barbados-based CIMH. The two-year renewable research associate position will include work work at the nexus of climate variability and Disaster Risk Management (DRM). The candidate will research and develop an efficient climate impacts reporting database and develop a Climate Risk Early Warning System for the DRM sector, which will be initially fed with seasonal climate outlooks. . Learn more about this opportunity…
- Let’s Re-think Climate Finance for Agriculture and Livelihoods (ICRAF policy brief)
- Reminder: Register for the CaribDA “Water Reuse Workshop”
- UNITAR Opens ‘Climate Change Adaptation, Loss and Damage’ Online Course
- Funding Available for International Postgraduate Course on Environmental Management
- Cuba to host the 9th International Convention on Environment and Development
- The Associated Press Profiles Climate Change in the Southern Caribbean
- Brian Bernal Tackles Climate Change Resilience and Building Codes in the Caribbean
- Enter the 2013 Media Awards on Water!
- Major overhaul of international negotiations needed to save global coastal cities
- CGIAR Challenge Program on Water and Food Poster Shows the Complexity of Climate Change
Tags: Caribbean Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology, CIMH, Climate Change, climate reporting, climate resilience, climate risk early warning system, Columbia University, disaster risk management, International Research Institute for Climate and Society, job, research associateBy caribbeanclimate in News on .
Climate Finance for Agriculture and Livelihoods, a new World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF) policy brief, says agricultural carbon projects involving smallholder farmers can take up to…
There’s still time to register for the Caribbean Desalination Association (CaribDA) “Water Reuse Workshop“, which is slated to be held in St. Maarten, SXM on June…
The United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) is now accepting applicants for the new online course on “Climate Change Adaptation, Loss and Damage”.…
Dresden University of Technology, through the UNEP/UNESCO/BMU International Training Programme on Environmental Management, is now accepting applications for the 37th International Postgraduate Course on Environmental…