Under a US Higher Education for Development grant, Columbia University’s International Research Institute for Climate and Society (IRI) and the Caribbean Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology (CIMH) are seeking to employ a research associate to be hosted at the Barbados-based CIMH. The two-year renewable research associate position will include work work at the nexus of climate variability and Disaster Risk Management (DRM). The candidate will research and develop an efficient climate impacts reporting database and develop a Climate Risk Early Warning System for the DRM sector, which will be initially fed with seasonal climate outlooks. . Learn more about this opportunity…
- Tender Notice for the Supply and Installation of One (1) Photovoltaic System at the Kalinago Carib Reserve Community in Dominica
- Gold Standard Sustainable Cities Framework
- Report Highlights Actions to Limit Disaster Risk in ACP Countries
- How do agri-food systems contribute to climate change?
- New WPP Video: A Future of Floods and Droughts as Climate Changes
- EU Commission Proposes Elements for Global Partnership to Shape Post-2015 Development Agenda
- IN DEPTH – What’s the role of the 2015 agreement in mobilising climate finance?
- Register for the “Youth Action on Climate Change” Workshop
- Will fiscal policy help move us towards a green economy?
- The Caribbean Weather Impacts Group (CARIWIG) Project Supports Risk-Based Decision-Making (Bookmark for updates)
Tags: Caribbean Institute for Meteorology and Hydrology, CIMH, Climate Change, climate reporting, climate resilience, climate risk early warning system, Columbia University, disaster risk management, International Research Institute for Climate and Society, job, research associateBy caribbeanclimate in News on .
Tender Notice for the Supply and Installation of One (1) Photovoltaic System at the Kalinago Carib Reserve Community in Dominica
The Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC) has received grant funding under financing from the European Union (EU) under contract No. FED/2011/267-392 for the implementation…
The Gold Standard Cities Programme is developing ground-breaking solutions that will unlock the finance needed by cities around the globe for low carbon development. Urbanization…
The Secretariat of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States launched a new study today that offers a comprehensive view of the various…
Agriculture and food security are exposed to impacts and risks related to the changing climate in several ways. On the other hand, agriculture and food production…