The February 16-22 issue of “Agriculture in the News”, a compilation of selected news articles on issues affecting agriculture in the Caribbean region by the Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute (CARDI), is now available. This edition of the newsletter features climate change stories on several pages including two pieces about the work of the Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre for the second time this month.
Agriculture in the News features climate change
- ECMMAN project – This is who we are
- NEW GWP-C RESOURCES – IWRM Regional Cooperation Information Products
- Barrier Reef coral genetically altered in hope of surviving Climate Change
- FAO success stories on climate-smart agriculture
- Event Highlight: Third UN World Conference on Disaster Risk Reduction
- The CUF5 – Call for Papers
- Tender Notice for the Supply and Installation of One (1) Photovoltaic System at the Kalinago Carib Reserve Community in Dominica
- Gold Standard Sustainable Cities Framework
- Report Highlights Actions to Limit Disaster Risk in ACP Countries
- How do agri-food systems contribute to climate change?
“This is who we are” by Ambi, J Mouse, Famus and Bridget Barkan from chad harper on Vimeo. The Eastern Caribbean Marine Managed Areas Network…
The Global Water Partnership-Caribbean (GWP-C) produced a series of information products to further cooperation in Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) among various stakeholders across the…
Coral species from different climes being mixed as a form of ‘assisted evolution’ to see if it will help them adapt more quickly to rising…
This booklet provides examples of climate-smart systems by showcasing some FAO success stories in various countries. The cases have been selected from the FAO Climate-Smart…