The February 16-22 issue of “Agriculture in the News”, a compilation of selected news articles on issues affecting agriculture in the Caribbean region by the Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute (CARDI), is now available. This edition of the newsletter features climate change stories on several pages including two pieces about the work of the Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre for the second time this month.
Agriculture in the News features climate change
- Global Islands’ Vulnerability Research, Adaptation, Policy and Development (GIVRAPD) Project
- What’s the difference between Weather and Climate?
- Caribbean Governments now insured against excess rainfall
- Caribbean Needs $30 Billion of Investment to Cut Fossil-Fuel Use
- Climate Resilient Islands Partnership
- Call for proposals – your green idea could win up to US$15,000
- The Small Islands Weather Together Partnership is LIVE! #weather2gether
- Key elements for an ACP Position paper for COP20
- UN Releases Six Briefs for SIDS Conference Partnership Dialogues
- Vacancy at DFID Caribbean – Senior Programme Officer
Farming has long been a mainstay of St Lucia’s economy but for one grower living in the hills of Soufrière there’s no telling how long…
Our climate is changing, but do you know the difference between Climate and Weather? Climate and weather have one difference. Weather measures the conditions of the…
The Caribbean Catastrophe Risk Insurance Facility (CCRIF) is pleased to announce that eight of its members have become the first countries to purchase its excess…
The Caribbean needs to lure as much as $30 billion of investment to cut reliance on fossil fuel and expand renewable energy, partly by securing…