The Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute (CARDI) recently launched a set of risk training modules developed by the Caribbean Farmers Network (CaFAN) to enhance risk assessment and management in the agricultural sector. CARDI says the risk management training focuses on the threats, challenges and opportunities for managing Invasive Species and Climate Change. The “Risk Mitigation for Smallholder Agricultural Production in the Caribbean” training modules were developed with funding from the World Bank and are available to the public at no cost. You may peruse the modules here.
- Caribbean Region SPCR Validation Workshop Underway in Kingston
- Climate Services Partnership Early Career Professional Network Hosts Virtual Meet & Greet
- 5Cs Concludes Annual Board of Governors Meeting
- 5Cs explores partnership with universities
- Monitoring Coral Reefs in the Caribbean: Protecting our Rainforests of the Ocean
- Jamaica Unveils World’s Largest Wind-Solar Hybrid Installation
- 5Cs Annual Board of Governors Meeting Underway in Belize
- 21 Students Arrive at CSF for July 19 Start of SPISE 2014
- History will condemn climate change denialists
- 12 countries ratify access and benefit-sharing treaty
Tags: agricultural sector, agriculture, CaFAN, CARDI, Caribbean, Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute, Caribbean Climate Change Centre, Caribbean Farmers Network, Climate Change, climate change and agriculture, climate change and farmers, climate change and risk management, risk assessment and management, Risk Mitigation, Risk Mitigation for Smallholder Agricultural Production in the Caribbean, Small Farmers, smallholder farmers, Training, World BankBy caribbeanclimate in News on .
The Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre, in its capacity as Executing Agency for the Caribbean Regional Strategic Programme for Climate Resilience, is hosting a Validation Workshop…
The Climate Services Partnership Early Career Professional Network (ECPN) held its first virtual Meet and Greet on July 16. The CSP ECPN offers networking and professional…
5Cs Concludes Annual Board of Governors Meeting: Expanded partnerships with CARPHA and CDB, new facility and enhanced institutional capacity announced Belmopan, Belize July 26, 2014―…
Christy Prouty, a Ph.D. student in Environmental Engineering at the University of South Florida, reflects on her Her area of research includes systems dynamics modeling…