The Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute (CARDI) recently launched a set of risk training modules developed by the Caribbean Farmers Network (CaFAN) to enhance risk assessment and management in the agricultural sector. CARDI says the risk management training focuses on the threats, challenges and opportunities for managing Invasive Species and Climate Change. The “Risk Mitigation for Smallholder Agricultural Production in the Caribbean” training modules were developed with funding from the World Bank and are available to the public at no cost. You may peruse the modules here.
- Tender Notice for the Supply and Installation of One (1) Photovoltaic System at the Kalinago Carib Reserve Community in Dominica
- Gold Standard Sustainable Cities Framework
- Report Highlights Actions to Limit Disaster Risk in ACP Countries
- How do agri-food systems contribute to climate change?
- New WPP Video: A Future of Floods and Droughts as Climate Changes
- EU Commission Proposes Elements for Global Partnership to Shape Post-2015 Development Agenda
- IN DEPTH – What’s the role of the 2015 agreement in mobilising climate finance?
- Register for the “Youth Action on Climate Change” Workshop
- Will fiscal policy help move us towards a green economy?
- The Caribbean Weather Impacts Group (CARIWIG) Project Supports Risk-Based Decision-Making (Bookmark for updates)
Tags: agricultural sector, agriculture, CaFAN, CARDI, Caribbean, Caribbean Agricultural Research and Development Institute, Caribbean Climate Change Centre, Caribbean Farmers Network, Climate Change, climate change and agriculture, climate change and farmers, climate change and risk management, risk assessment and management, Risk Mitigation, Risk Mitigation for Smallholder Agricultural Production in the Caribbean, Small Farmers, smallholder farmers, Training, World BankBy caribbeanclimate in News on .
Tender Notice for the Supply and Installation of One (1) Photovoltaic System at the Kalinago Carib Reserve Community in Dominica
The Caribbean Community Climate Change Centre (CCCCC) has received grant funding under financing from the European Union (EU) under contract No. FED/2011/267-392 for the implementation…
The Gold Standard Cities Programme is developing ground-breaking solutions that will unlock the finance needed by cities around the globe for low carbon development. Urbanization…
The Secretariat of the African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) Group of States launched a new study today that offers a comprehensive view of the various…
Agriculture and food security are exposed to impacts and risks related to the changing climate in several ways. On the other hand, agriculture and food production…